old

img_2678_r

On the main square of Sant Martí d'Empúries stands the church Sant Martí (Saint Martin), several times rebuilt (it would be built on a temple site).  The current building, of Gothic style, dates from the beginning of the 16th century (1506 exactly, according to an inscription on the frontage).  We can see that in front of the church there was a cemetery.
Today (picture June 2012), the church and the hamlet were beautifully restored and are from now on, on the list of the major places to visit.