old

db1_2092_r2

Superb postcard of La Platja, east side, in 1958.  Very common at the time, rather unusual today, the lámparos at the rear of the small boat in the center of the picture.  They were two or more often three lamps with butane gas intended to light the sea to attract fish within the framework of night fishing.
Picture dated March 2011 under the same angle.  We can see here too that the sandy beach is much wider than in 1958.